"How do I care for my down products?"
We recommend that your down comforter be professionally laundered. Professionals are accustomed to the
process needed for the best outcome. If home laundering is preferred, we recommend the following:
• Inspect the item prior to washing to ensure no fabric tears or seam openings are apparent.
• Use a high-capacity residential or commercial washing machine (without an agitator) that can adequately accommodate the size of
• Wash with cool-to-warm water using a gentle detergent and the delicate cycle. Do not use fabric softener.
• A second rinse is strongly recommended to remove any residual detergent.
• Dry on medium heat setting. Adding several clean tennis balls will alleviate any clumping and shorten drying
• Run it through several (3-4) drying cycles to be sure it is completely dry. Even when the cotton shell feels dry,
the down clusters inside may not be. Between drying cycles, remove comforter, shake it and return it to the dryer to ensure consistent drying.
• If the comforter has an odor or is lumpy, it was not dried completely.
Due to the density of the fill material we do not suggest home laundering of down or down/feather pillows; professional care is recommended.
"How do I care for my down alternative products?"
Down Alternative Pillow & Comforter Care: Machine wash warm in a washing machine that doesn't have an agitator, and tumble dry medium. Run it through several (3-4) drying cycles to be sure it is completely dry. Even when the cotton shell feels dry, the down alternative inside may not be. Between drying cycles, remove product, shake it and return it to the dryer to ensure consistent drying.